After upgrading to Scilab v5.3.0-BETA4, which actually is the first
5+ version that did not immediately crash on my system, I somehow
missed the possibility of accessing the serial ports...
Non of the v4 serial-tools seemed to work, so I quickly built
my own library.
Tested and supported builts/platforms:
- Scilab 5.3.0-BETA4 (32 bit)
- Scilab 5.3.0 (32 & 64 bit)
- Windows XP Pro and Home (SP3, 32Bit)
- Windows 7 (32 & 64 Bit)
Obviously, Scilab 5.3 does not Support Windows-2000 any more.
A test installation only brought up the message:
"Scilab requires at least NT5.1".
If you need serial ports in Scilab 5+, give it a try.
If it doesn't work:
- Drop me a note and I'll see what I can do.
- Source code is included. Use it ;-)
Added x64 version.