NOTE: This first release for Scilab 6.0.0 has a special packaging in order to
cope with Scilab 6.0.0-a|b pitfalls.
- Its autoloading must be Canceled. Do not use "atomsLoad uman".
To load it, either use the Toolboxes menu (restored in 6.0.0-a2), or add
exec('SCI/contrib/uman/1.4-0/etc/uman.start',-1) // in your startup file:
- 6.0.0-a1: Its head_comments ability is temporarily out of work due to Scilab
(will be restored in 6.0.0-a2)
uman.. shows help pages in console, with advanced features such that
redirections, language switching, summaries, or display of known bugs related to
Help (en): http://sgougeon.free.fr/scilab/help/uman/scilab_en_US_help/uman.html
Help (fr): http://sgougeon.free.fr/scilab/help/uman/scilab_fr_FR_help/uman.html
* Shows help contents in the console, in the help browser, as well as online
(help, bugzilla, atoms, forge, or even external websites).
* Used to use another scientific language? Almost 200 automatic redirections
target the right Scilab equivalence. Other handy shortcuts are also defined
for all users.
* Just give a language code en | de | fr | ja | pt | ru | zh in option, and
get the right version of the page in the console or online. No need
to change the session language. Watching the reference en_US version of
the page is now straightforward, without leaving your locales.
* Just display main infos in brief: path in help, calling sequences,
parameters, See also. Be free to display more on request: description,
examples, history, parent ToC... Or display the whole page with the
* Stucked with a bug? The 'wb' option let's you list documented bugs related
to an item, for Scilab and many ATOMS packages. The right place to report
issues is directly shown.
* Help pages from Scilab, installed ATOMS modules, or from other external
modules, and heading comments in functions are covered. No need to load
modules. So, even the documentation of modules that do not run on your
Operating System can be shown.
More than 50 FileExchange references can also be addressed.
* Last but not least: Get a smart text layout in console. Nested lists of
items, tables, pieces of codes, notes and warnings, text styles.. are
supported. The code style of calling sequences and examples is also
HOW TO INSTALL uman
* Thanks to the ATOMS GUI:
- Enter: atomsGui
- Look for and select "uman". Install it.
* in the CONSOLE:
- enter: atomsInstall("uman")
Then, in the CONSOLE, enter:
edit SCIHOME/scilab.ini // add the following line to your startup file:
Finally, exit(0) and restart Scilab
Enter "help uman", or use above links to online help pages