Source code archive
CHANGES 1.4 => 2.0 (2016-04-06)
* New option 'u' to display only the list of usages (types of calls)
* disp_usage() and disp_usage(funame) implemented and documented.
* 'uman ... wb': It is now possible to target components or/and authors
or/and a maximal change age.
* 'uman ##### wb' now targets the bug number ##### on bugzilla.
* New full-featured option '@' to comb online archives of Scilab mailing lists
* Environment variables are now available (global):
- umanDefaultOptions, to choose your own default options (display,
language, etc). Command-line options are still available, to easily
override default ones.
- umanMaxLineWidth>=50. Default = 90. Useful when the console is very wide.
- umanUserPaths, to point packages out of SCI\contrib and SCIHOME\contrib
- umanNoStyle, to cancel ASCII-conversion of bold and italic styles.
* Partial corpus are now supported (subset of translated scilab functions
without the en_US version for untranslated ones)
* Partial support to Farsi language added (still left-justified).
* 'uman' is now stable with Scilab 6.0 (nightly-built of 2016-04-05).
* Tables: long lines in cells and in the history section are now wrapped
ex: uman atomsSetConfig ac
* Items that title is several-worded like 'Scilab documentation format'
could not be addressed neither in the console, nor directly in the help
browser nor in the online help, because their single-word id that is
the pattern to use to address them was displayed nowhere.
In 'See also' sections and Summaries, their id is now displayed instead
of their title. Hence,
uman help s // now displays
* man — on line help XML file description format
* Scilab documentation format — on line help XML file description format
and 'uman man a ..' can now be used to address the related page.
* 'Screen' areas were not specifically identified and delimited.
* The <important> tag was not supported.
* <superscript> and <subscript> tags were not supported.
* The list of jar files was weekly updated. It is now just set at the first
use of uman, and when the 'r' option is used to intentionally refresh it.
* External modules not on ATOMS but having a public forge
-- such as Scimax -- are now supported.
* For pages having multiple xml:id, all syntaxes were displayed instead of
only syntaxes matching the given pattern (ex: man int32)
* It is now possible to redirect to keywords (such as graphic properties)
instead of to a proper item/page, usable with g or/and w options.
For example, 'uman view' now suggests a redirection to 'rotation_angles'.
* uman's URL is now displayed at loading, for comment, scoring and bug report
- internal: if installed: apifun, cglab, ipd, scimax. gui
- to Scilab: deal, patch, surf2patch, urlread, webread
- to external: inpolygon, polyarea, web
* FileExchange: strrand, rotate3d, mesharea, polygonmetrics, pdiv_inc,
* ATOMS: visa, scinetcdf, Computer-Vision, favouritedirs, E4Coder, FireBird,
BTD (bioinformatics), cglab
* Forge (with no ATOMS): scimax
* Scilab6-ready: management + modified (partly?); strtok() replaced.
* The options had become case-sensitive.
* For a contrib module, when the name of the main directory was not strictly
the name of the module (as for instance with version indication),
uman failed extracting pages from the jar.
* When a jar file had a path with space(s), uman was unable to unzip it.
* When the japanese archive is used, wrapping of lines in summaries of
untranslated sections was shortened. ex: uman call slja
* In synopses, '&' characters were displayed as '&'. Ex: uman uman u
* In examples, '&' characters were displayed as '\&'. Ex: uman uman e
* 'uman graphics' targetted the Graphics page, instead of the summary of
graphical functions => 'graphics' replaced with 'plotting'.
* 'Calling sequence' renamed 'Syntax' in Scilab 6 is taken into account.
* 'uman Type w' did not target the right page.
* 'uman interval w' yielded an error (while Int4Sci is installed)
* 'uman item1|item2 w' produced an error with host()
* 'uman $ wb' returned all reports, instead of reports intitled with some '$'.
'uman \$ wb' had to be used instead.
* 'uman mode wb' unexpectedly listed bugs about 'simp_mode'.
As well, 'uman matrix wb' included bugs about x_matrix().
* uman <pattern> wb: '.', '*','\', '|' special regexp characters in pattern
were not escaped before calling bugzilla. patterns such that .\., ./.,
.*., ./, .\, ||, **, etc were unsuccessful.
* 'uman dir|%dir_p wb' yielded many lines without 'dir' or '%dir_p' but with
'directory'. Parentheses embracing the alternative a|b|c.. were missing.
* 'uman list( wb' or with any item having a '(' produced a grep error.
* 'uman [ wb' displayed 'grep: Can not compile pattern' in infinite loop.
* With SciMax installed, listing its summary produced an error 'Invalid index'
* When the page of an external unloaded module was targeted with 'g',
the message "module not loaded => not browsable" was no longer displayed