GUI Builder is a Graphic User Interface Builder under Scilab.
The program allows you to build your GUI quickly, and the code for the gui would
be generated automatically.
Version 4.1 (5 May 2017) by Tan CL
* Bug Fix : Fix the issue of error during reloading the generated GUI
Version 4.0.1 (21 Feb 2017) by Tan CL
* Bug Fix : Fix the issue of axes not shown on generated GUI
* Bug Fix : Changes on folder version name and some descriptions updates
Version 4.0 (17 Feb 2017)
* Update : To work with Scilab 6.0
* Change : Change the way creating figure to make have better visual appearace
when the GUI launched
* Change : Created GUI now a pure figure with no menu, toolbar, etc... to get
the WYSIWYG effect from the design view to the actual view.
Version 3.0 (17 May 2014)
* Updates : To work with Scilab 5.5
Version 2.3 (16 January 2012) by David Violeau
* Feature : ask confirmation before create a new GUI or open an existing one
* Feature : posibility to move by 4 buttons a group of buttons
Version 2.2 (17 November 2011) - New 2.2 features have been contributed by David
* Feature : Close user figure and create a new one
* Feature : Open existing interface by clicking on Open and select a file
* Feature : Save and rewrite existing functions when you open a file
* Feature : Add a new menu - Alignments in order to align vertically or
horizontally handles, and also adapt their size
* Feature : select more than one entity
* Feature : automatic writing of parameters of the figure (you select the
colour, size, position of the figure and it is used for the user interface)
* Feature : main menus of Guibuilder depending on the language (Edit->
Edition in French...)
Version 2.1-3 (12 July 2011)
1. Bug Fix : Space in the x_dialog default string (guibuilder)
2. Bug Fix : handles string vector in listbox and popupmenu (guicontrolcreate,
3. Bug Fix : Bug when deleting the last remaining object on figure (guibuilder)
4. Feature : Grid on the layout window (guibuilder)
5. Feature : Better Appearance in pallettes (guibuilder)
Version 2.1-2 (13 Mar 2011)
1. Bug Fix : Change "uipropsedit" function which try to change Style
properties of uicontrol object after creation.
Version 2.1 (10 Mar 2011)
1. Bug Fix : Inserting uicontrol style into the generated code
2. New : Launch GUI once done
Version 2.0 New Features (20th Dec 2010)
1. Creating GUI graphically, including 9 types of uicontrols and axes.
2. User is allowed to modify most of the properties of an object via new
3. User is able to modify the gui created by guibuilder 2.0, by importing the
previous sce with syntax "guibuilder('filename.sce');"
Version 1.1 New Features
1. Changes of size, position, and object deletion could be done interactively
p/s: Thanks Dave for contributing ideas.
Version 1.0 limitation
1. The output GUI size is fixed
2. During the design, the user only have 1 chance to place the uicontrol. There
are no way to resize, modify the properties, or undo the previous operation. All
changes only could be done in the generated code.
3. Limited properties are user-defined
a. Tag - Used as the pointer to the uicontrol
b. String - Used as the display name at certains uicontol
c. Callback - Whether the uicontrol needs a callback, if yes, the callback name
would use the Tag + _callback.
Upload date : 2017-05-05 10:47:10
MD5 : fb6e85033da53d8494e428f2a67e4470
SHA1 : 0b8b634fca7260f5911232ceca9cd4327e1cc6ec
Downloads : 1544
Upload date : 2017-05-05 10:46:43
MD5 : 33af4536eff1b8f91eed4350dd2e1108
SHA1 : 07caad086fb1edfa98e1e673f65b068704a90730
Downloads : 90
Congratulations on the toolbox!
I have a doubt.
What was the method for generating the binary macros?
Like this one here: "macros\bottom_callback.bin".
The macros I create, by the save() function, causes Scilab to lock / close.
function r = f()
r = 3;
i think the last line should be the function name instead of the function output name?
You could always send the questions on the Scilab User mailing list to get fast response.
The newest 4.1 install packet seems to install 4.0.1 version of the builder. I have tried
to install directly from the server with atomsInstall and also from .zip file. Both of
those methods say that 4.1 was installed but when I launch the builder it is 4.0.1. and I
cannot open previously created scripts.
try following if u have 4.0.1 installed:
if fail or u already remove 4.0.1, try:
--> atomsInstall(["guibuilder" "4.1"]);
if everything fail, remove the archieves file in contrib folder and try again.
hank you for the swift reply. Your instructions however did not help. Whatever way I try
to install/update the builder I only can get to version 4.0.1
On another note. Below is the error that I get when trying to open scripts that I know to
contain GUI code created by the builder.
loading initial environment
START GUI Builder 4.1 for Scilab 6.0
Type "guibuilder" to start the GUI
operation -: Warning adding a matrix with the empty matrix will give an empty matrix
operation +: Warning adding a matrix with the empty matrix will give an empty matrix
at line 8 of function openfile
at line 9 of function open_existing_gui
After atomsRemove the guibuilder:
have u try to browse into the SCI\contrib\archieves or SCIHOME\atoms\archives and check
whether there is any guibuilder 4.0.1 zip file. If so, delete it manually, restart scilab,
and try to atomsInstall('guibuilder') again.
This comment has been deleted.